Method for Sharing Prayer Requests
ACTS of St. John Closed Facebook Group
A beautiful outcome of the St. John the Evangelist ACTS Retreats is a growing community of believers who are willing to pray for one another. Because we receive many prayer requests and it is difficult to adequately and accurately communicate all requests in a timely manner, a private Facebook page has been developed for past retreatants to request prayers. This page is set up as a private group. Only those who have attended a St. John ACTS retreat will be allowed to join. The privacy settings associated with the page ensure that no one can search to view what is posted there. All members will be verified before access is allowed. If you would like to join the group, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that prayer requests will no longer be shared via email.
Facebook Page Etiquette
When using the Facebook page to request prayers or to share information, please be conscious of the following guidelines for using the group:
- The page is open only to those who have attended a St. John the Evangelist ACTS retreat.
- The page is intended for the sharing of scripture, prayer requests, special intentions, or upcoming
ACTS or church events.
- Advertising or selling items is not allowed on this page.
- When requesting prayers, please be conscious of privacy for those involved. Before requesting prayers for someone other than yourself, be sure to seek the permission of the person involved. Remember, full details are not necessary. God knows our needs before we do, so asking for prayers can be as simple as mentioning a name or intention only. The RIVER RULE applies to this Facebook page.
- Any member can post in the group, but all posts will be approved before they are visible in the group.
- Finally, members must opt-in to this page to receive prayer requests. Prayer requests will no longer be emailed to the ACTS group.